Friday, March 24, 2006

Mr Magoo


This is my second "hairy son" - Mr Magoo. I adopted him off the streets from my previous working place as someone wanted to send him to the pound. When he arrived at my home..he was already 6 years old, so I was a bit apprehensive whether he could get along with my "alpha male" - Tyson. Well, he blended himself right in & now they are like brothers though not on "speaking terms". His is also a sad story cos not long ago, he was diagnosed with heartworm disease...infected by a mosquito which then transfers the larvae into his blood stream which will then multiply into adults & slowly eat away his heart. When he was diagnosed with it, it was almost into the advanced stage. There is no symptoms when heartworms attack but thanks to Dr Miles from Companion Animal Surgery, he cured Magoo completely. Those long 2 months of medication & no exercise really took a toll on my dog & me. It was heartbreaking to see him so listless & coughing badly. Also the injections(given within 48hrs) was so painful!! But like a man, Magoo went through it all without any fuss and now he is healthy & bubbly & eating like a PIG!!!

2 comments:

Yen Kheng said...

Wow, 4 posts in a day! Your blog is a good read! More, more, more, more....Heehee

And what are you doing with the dog in the photo? Anyway, it's a miracle that he survived...yikes, worms in heart...

Casey said...

errmm..that's not me...that's my BF..i think he's trying to show-off my dog's beautiful streamline stomach??? Hahaha....Anyway, my dog just love to do that...