Saturday, March 25, 2006

Indian Cuckoo


Beginning of the year & a pleasant surprise for me when I was shooting a giant Orbs Spider. At the corner of my eye, this bird flew to the branch right beside me! I frozed and not wanting to scare the bird away, I could only turn my camera(thank god for Nikon Coolpix S4 that has a swivel lens) towards the bird's direction & just using my LCD screen, took an insurance shot of this bird. Later, I slowly turned my body and took more shots. The bird was not really shy & actually posed while I tried to minimize my movements...boy was it hard! I had to move like a puppet...but it was worth it to shoot this beautiful bird. By the way, I only saw it once and have not seen it again though I know that it is still around somewhere laughing at me cos it can see me while I can't see her/him......bleep

No comments: