Saturday, March 25, 2006

Red-breasted Parakeet



Thought I share this photo with everyone. This a Red-breasted Parakeet. Shot taken at Changi Village infront of the coffee shops(diners were wondering who this idiot snapping away at the trees cos for once they had stamps on their eyes....hahahah).

Well, this is actually a very beautiful bird but with my lousy skills....the bird doesn't look that pretty..hope you won't mind... Actually this bird reminds me of my uncle(hush...don't let him hear or I'm dead)...anway, a little bit about this bird: it's got a shrill repeated sharp nasal voice, sometimes going cheent cheent like a nasal honking. Habitat: broadleaved forest, temple groves, cultivation up to 1,220ft. They are rather common and can be found in Myanmar, Thailand, Indo China, Pen Malaysia & of course Singapore.

No comments: